Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introduction

Hi, my name is Amy Holmberg and this blog was created to show the progress of my senior capstone project. I currently attend LSU and I am in my final year of the Interior Design program. The senior capstone project is a chance for the senior students to show there skills of space planning, rendering, graphic board layouts, focuses on certain design aspects such as sustainable design, lighting design, component design, etc.

For my senior capstone project I am designing a space that is used as an organic hair salon, cosmetology school, spa salon, and also a place where clothing fashions can be displayed. Hair and fashion are linked together and correlate with one another. Therefore, it is important to potray both of these worlds in my design. There is going to be a runway type area set up in the building in which special hair and fashion shows can take place.

This project is largely based on reviving the downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. This is going to be a place for all ages to come together, have a great time, and have all their cosmotology needs taken care of. The design of the space is going to be innovative and creative.

I am excited that you are here to share this journey with me as I develop this project and idea.

Have a great day! Peace out.

Amy Holmberg

No comments:

Post a Comment